[NTLK] Mac OS 8.5 vs. 9.2 for Newton?

Michael Guzzo mguzzo at mac.com
Sat Oct 18 15:09:11 EDT 2014

If my memory serves me correctly, IRDA between  OS 8 or OS 9 and Newton did not work for packages, etc. They both speak IRDA, but the underlying transports were never implemented.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TA21740?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

and from the Newton FAQ (thanks Victor)

http://old.chuma.org/newton/faq/newton-faq-nos.html#IIIB3c In fact in my “Newton Haiku” (https://sites.google.com/site/nickelcitynewton/newton-haiku) I wrote

The Newt and iMac
cannot connect with IR
Apple did not plan

however look here, at the bottom find a link to “IrDA package installer” which was written for 9.2

Good luck!

MG