[NTLK] Wacom tablets (was: Okay, that apears to be working, now for the question)

Davis Remmel d at visr.me
Sun Mar 2 18:59:36 EST 2014

I actually have some experience with ADB, and I’d love to lend a helping hand. A few years ago I reverse/re-engineered the ADB protocol and implemented it into an ADB–USB translator with an Arduino (sample code here [1]).

Another hacker, Spritesmods, did the same thing with two ATiny ICs [2]. I actually find his solution “better", because his dual-controller solution lends itself better to the protocol’s asynchronicity. However, his method translates ADB to USB on the chip (versus the computer’s CPU), so it’s harder to prototype with.

There are a ton of invaluable resources hidden across the web, but the bible of ADB is Chapter 8 of "Apple Guide to Macintosh Family Hardware” [3]. Smaller resources, such as Technical Note HW01, are easy to find.

If I can lend any assistance, please let me know!

—
Davis

[1]: https://github.com/davisr/Arduino-ADB
[2]: http://spritesmods.com/?art=macsearm&page=4