[NTLK] Wacom tablets (was: Okay, that apears to be working, now for the question)

Mark Crutch mark.crutch at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 07:32:44 EST 2014

 Simon Stapleton wrote:

I'm in the process of reverse engineering the protocol used by the ADB
> Intuos tablets.  It's slightly[1] more complex than that for the Ultrapad /
> ArtZ tablets that I worked out a while back, but I'm convinced it's
> do-able. That said, I've been convinced it's do-able for some time - I've
> been titting about with this, on and off, for a couple of years now...

This may be of no help whatsoever, but I recently managed to get my old
RS232 serial port Intuos working under Linux care of the drivers and info
at these links:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/linuxwacom/index.php?title=FAQ
https://github.com/RoaldFre/wacom_serial5
http://www.cipht.net/2011/07/02/wacom_serial-initial-release.html

Now I know that ADB and RS232 aren't the same thing. Neither is Linux and
MacOS. But something there might help to give you a starting point in
understanding the Wacom protocol, assuming it's similar at that level. I
just hope I'm not sending you on a wild goose chase.

Mark

--
Co-creator of *The Greys* and *Monsters, Inked* webcomics

Website      http://www.peppertop.com/
Facebook   http://facebook.com/TheGreysComic
Twitter        https://twitter.com/TheGreysComic