[NTLK] [Spam] Re: Hi All! This is probably a dumb idea, and asking

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Tue Dec 16 01:15:34 EST 2014

If I recall correctly it was designed for the 110,120,130 models.  While
it used the same power connector as all Newtons the large difference was
at the time battery packs were easy to remove so you didn't recharge the
internal pack.  The old packs simply pushed down a little button in the
battery compartment of the 1x0 series that told the newton if the
batteries were rechargeable or not.

As Kevin said, it would try to recharge the internal emate batteries.
While it would work I think the batteries would deplete rather quickly.
 However such a pack would be a easy way to keep a emate portable with a
otherwise failing internal battery pack.  To do that though, you would
need to remove the internal pack.  Now I haven't done this mind you, but
it should work.

I always wanted to get my hands on a battery booster pack as I thought
they would be handy to have.  Never found a reasonable one.  I think
they are really rare these days.

-Dan