[NTLK] Battery life w/ Einstein

Lord Groundhog lordgroundhog at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 10:03:30 EDT 2014

~~~ On 2014/04/29 09:36, rodlavo at gmail.com at rodlavo at gmail.com wrote ~~~

> What still is missing is the kind of integration of notes that the Newton had,
> especially when MoreInfo was installed.  I'm hoping with the new api hooks
> that MS have brought in with the 8.1 update 1 pack, we might see a few more
> MoreInfo-style additions in the future.

And for me this is the deal breaker.  A device with *only* great HWR would
be hugely attractive to me, as would a device with *only* the astonishing
integration of NOS + MoreInfo (yes, I too am an unpaid but wildly fanatical
lover of SilverWARE).  That is, if I'd never used a Newton.  But now that
I've been using a device that has both?  I think if I ever willingly
abandoned the use of my Newtons for anything inferior, my sanity would have
to be questioned (even more than now).  The Newton especially in its final
iteration is so organic that it's much more than the sum of its parts.
That's a hard thing to achieve, and I'm still astonished that Jobs missed
the possibilities.  (I refuse at this point to exhume the question of his
motives; the loss of what might have been speaks for itself.)

For me the only down-side is that I know I could do even more with Newt if
she had just a few modernizing hardware tweaks, you know, to give her some
more elbow room.

I suppose Newt and I are a bit like my wife and I:  at our age we're long
past taking up BASE-jumping or parcours so the possibilities of the
pre-requisite medical miracles are a lot of fun to imagine; on the other
hand, we already enjoy our life together so much that BASE-jumping and
parcours aren't things we miss.

:-)

Shalom,

Christian