[NTLK] Off Topic: Macintosh SE/30 - to buy or not to buy?

Forrest newtonphoenix at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 7 14:16:42 EDT 2012

Really? I have a Mac Classic as well, but it has a Classic II logic board. A few years ago it suddenly stopped powering on. All I got was a series of vertical lines...did some research, replaced "can" capacitors (they tend to leak acid over time), still nothing. Searched for logic board, eventually found one--but for a Classic II, which has a slightly different physical configuration, but it fits. Lines still there, but after a minute or so they go away and it boots up normally (maybe the video board is also suspect?).

Where are you located? Shipping might make this economically unsound. I am in the western US, specifically AZ.

Thanks,
--Forrest

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 4