[NTLK] Off Topic: Macintosh SE/30 - to buy or not to buy?

howhardz at vcn.bc.ca howhardz at vcn.bc.ca
Fri Sep 7 13:02:21 EDT 2012

Couldn't guess the dollars for a se/30 ... however I paid
20.00 in may for a 68040 pizza box mac & solely to connect
up to the newton -serially....Success and all I needed to emplace on
the newton was 1 file.All for a detour around bootstrapping issues.

The se/30 as a project has box dimensions that are known to fit
the slide-in powerpc boards seen in the later performa Macs; it
is only 2011 that I recycled my ppc-6500 and with it the desired
slide-in motherboard.Beyond novelty, that "project" machine should
accomodate os/9 ... go for it.