[NTLK] Questions from an apostate

Ken Ho ken59215 at live.com
Thu Nov 1 22:52:59 EDT 2012

My platform path was Newton to Palm (size *does* matter) to iOS.  That may mean that in some ways my expectations were different (you may say lower, but I prefer "different") when I arrived at iOS.  I have been mostly thrilled with the iOS Notespark app, which was a great transition from Palm Memos, and which I blogged about on:

http://kenamored.blogspot.com/2011/03/converting-palm-memos-to-ipod-using.html.

Okay, Sonny (Hung), I'm your anonymous follower whom you inspired, if you recall our comment exchange on your blog.
:-)

I am perfectly happy using only plain text in my notes (you may not be), particularly when I can enter it from the app on iPod/iPad, or from any web browser, all three methods of which I use quite regularly.  The only additional feature I wish it had was search *within* a note (you can only find *which* notes have your search string, then it's swipe and look carefully to find the search string).

Unlike EverNote, Notespark was a one-time $4.99 fee, so it's easier on the wallet.  I *imagined* that the developers could even have created it primarily as a tool for themselves, but understood it could be sufficiently useful to others that they could quite reasonably also sell it.

Anyway, I think Notespark cover these points of yours:

> - Filing/organization that is (a) chronological but (b) also offers
> categories/folders
> - Scrolling of notes both within a note and chronologically ordered,
> like the Newton

but not the others. Still, I realize you may have tried Notespark and decided it wasn't for you.

-Ken Ho (still using my Newton rarely, but continuously since the late 90's)