[NTLK] Einstein help, please

Bob Carls Dudney kosmicdollop at saber.net
Sun Jan 22 23:51:17 EST 2012

Trying to get running on ModBook.

Dumped ROM a few times. Finder says 8.4 MB, but Hex Fiend reports three
sizes: 8 megabytes, 8388608 bytes, 0x800000 bytes.

Each time I try to start Einstein with newton.rom and Einstein.rex in
/Application Support/Einstein Platform, or some other folder, I either get
nothing but a crash dialog, or briefly a gray screen with "booting" in the
center before the crash.

And each launch if I've deleted newton.rom.img it gets re-created before
the crash.

Uninstalling Wacom tablet drivers and/or Axiotron Quickclicks didn't help.

There must be some extension Activity Monitor doesn't show that picks up
the Wacom tablet anyway, because the pen still moves cursor around plus a
few other rudimentary mouse functions.

10.7.2, 2.13 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Sure hope I can get Einstein to work! I spent lots shekels thinking
ModBook would be solution to dying Newtons.

Thanks all!

B C D