[NTLK] The iPad2 has feet of clay…uh yeah

James Fraser wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 19 19:30:05 EST 2012

Hello,

>Even if a box is sealed, wrapped, and covered in industrial strength nylon, that
>still >doesn't mean that someone hasn't tampered with it (may that be a customer
>or the >shop itself, or an employee, who knows).

You can say that again:

http://frysforum.com/discussion/847/#Item_1

The salient bit:

"So I'm grilling this dilbert about how I could buy a sealed unit with parts
missing, and he fesses up that not only do they [Fry's Electronics] have a
shrink wrap machine, they have the nylon strapping machine."

Back in the old days, ("old days" being code for when Fry's sole location was
the one on Lakeside Drive) Fry's Electronics would at least *occasionally* slap
a white "returned merchandise" sticker on a returned item they had stuck back on
the shelf.  While I can't claim to have paid particularly close attention to
Fry's policies and practices lately, the few scattered reports I've gotten seem
to indicate that the game now is to treat returned merchandise exactly the same
as new and simply stick it back on the shelf with no outward indication that the
prospective purchaser is clutching a used item in their hands.  Sad.

Best,

James Fraser