[NTLK] eMate

James Fraser wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 14 12:34:43 EDT 2012

Oh, um:

>Have you tried the contrast slider? It's located to the left of the volume
>slider.

I forgot to mention that the first section of Frank Gruendel's disassembly
instructions also contains information on both hard and soft resets for the
eMate.  If fiddling with the contrast slider doesn't produce any results, you
might want to try those resets.

Also: have you been turning the eMate on and off by opening and closing the
lid?  I say this because if the contrast slider or a soft/hard reset brings the
unit's screen back to life, you might consider leaving the eMate lid open from
now on and turning it on and off using the keyboard's power key.  That way, you
wouldn't have to worry about the hinge repair. :)

Best,

James Fraser