[NTLK] Google Glass

Forrest Buffenmyer newtonphoenix at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 9 13:50:26 EDT 2012

"Google Goggles" is an app that scans an item and gives you details of it...for example, snap a photo of a restaurant and the app could provide you with details such as its address, telephone number, perhaps an online menu with customer reviews.

While this app in some way is part of the "Google Glass" project and device, it is not the device itself.

Also, it in no way resembles the clumsy apparatus shown in the link below...the device more closely resembles reading glasses, with no helmet.

It appears, however, that my comments were incorrect in the product's availability...this link shows that there is a working prototype, and this isn't just "conceptware" or "vaporware".

Thanks,
--Forrest

Sent from my First Generation iPad