[NTLK] Installing new fonts?

Max Smith maxmaxmaxmaxsmith at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 17:52:34 EST 2011

On Nov 29, 2011, at 5:06 PM, Warren Ockrassa wrote:

> I'm most irked that no one's ported Verdana, actually. I know, it's a
> weird one too, but it was one of several designed by MS Foundry to be
> readable under a wide range of difficult conditions, including on LCD
> screens. Georgia started life that way as well.

I've always liked Verdana's x-height but not the wide spacing between
the letters, a la monospaced typefaces. Georgia, not so much. I think
the best work of Carter is Bell Centennial, but he was definitely
very inventive when working to overcome technical limitations.

> 680x0 emulation

Why not PowerPC? If I'm not completely loosing my mind, which is
quite easily possible, you want a machine 10x faster than what you're
trying to emulate. Since the earliest Macintosh that could run OS 9
ran at 66MHz, you could very easily run Sheep Shaver with OS 9.1.
Hell, even the G3 minitowers ran at 333MHz which could easily be
emulated with enough RAM.

In full disclosure, I haven't fiddled around with emulators for quite
some time, so my speed times ten thing could be completely wrong.

Regards,
Max