[NTLK] Smart Pens (was: Big question)

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Sat Nov 26 01:05:54 EST 2011

Ah yes I should have mentioned that if one can convert it it should
print then.  However they don't give you .ps files.  The software does
not allow for this.  You only can print *after* it sees you have a post
script printer (it does a small test when you try to print).  I suppose
one could capture the files as they are sent to the printer, but I
didn't have time to pursue it.  I suspect they don't just "give out the
files" as it is possible that the dot pattern may not be accurate enough
with some printers, especially inkjets, and this cuts down on the people
having issues with the pen.

However I am sure that there are ones out that that will even though
they don't support PS.  Of course I haven't tried this in a while and
they may have changed the printing system.

-Dan