[NTLK] Total idiot was Oh dear?

Andy Hill adhill at fastmail.co.uk
Sat Nov 5 10:59:24 EDT 2011

Hi

Thank you so much for the advice and comments. I am very sorry to have
set hares running. I have done the most stupid thing ever.

The long and the short of it is that I picked up my wife's
non-rechargeable batteries instead of my newton ones and put them in the
charger. The charger went from green to red as it usually does ti
indicate full charging (I did notice they felt unusually warm!!). Then I
put the non-rechargeables back in the Newt thinking they were my usual
battiers - but they were in fact dead alcholines that I had
inadvertently attempted top charge. (What a total numpty!!!)

Replacing with the  proper batteries has resulted in my trusty Newt
performing as normal.

The end of not nigh!!!!!!!!! (I do have to purchase an iphone, ipad or
i-anything-else - thank the Lord)

Sorry for the drama - I panicked for a moment!!

Tony - I very much doubt your problem is related to such a foolish error
as this, so good luck in finding out how to resolve your issue.

Thanks again folks.

Andy