[NTLK] Trying to get Vista, NCU, and Virtual Box to play together

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Sat Feb 12 19:48:43 EST 2011

On 2/12/2011 5:28 PM, Tony Morrow wrote:

> Hey Dan,
>
> I'm unsure of what is causing the issue, but you could maybe try
> setting VBox up to allow Windows 2000 to directly talk to the Keyspan
> USB adapter. You would then have to install the Keyspan drivers on the
> Windows 2000 VM. From a Windows 7 (64-bit) host I've been able to make
> Fedora and Ubuntu guest OS's see my Keyspan USA-28 adapter (the Mac
> version which doesn't have any Windows drivers) and test out some of
> the applications available for Linux.
>
> Also, soon after Microsoft bought out Connectix and their VirtualPC
> software, the PC version was released for free. You can download VPC
> 2007 from the following link. You may have better luck with it.
>
>   <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=04d26402-3199-48a3-afa2-2dc0b40a73b6&displaylang=en
>  >
> TinyURL: <http://tinyurl.com/39ng3rz>
>
> -Tony

I don't know either.  And I did try that, but Virutal Box I couldn't get
it to see the Keypan as a USB device (as of yet anyway).  The
windows2000VM does have the drivers.

As for Virtual PC, the 2007 version only works for windows versions up
to XP.  Last time I tried (last year) it didn't work for Vista or
windows 7 and you had to upgrade (for a fee) to use it for those
versions.  Unless something has changed.

Hmmmmmm just looking at that page says vista is supported
now...interesting.  I might give it a shot later.  Although I still
would prefer to get virtual box running if possible considering it is
already installed (not to mention open source).  Anyway any thoughts are
appreciated.

-Dan