[NTLK] Very bare-bones note package to play with

Warren Ockrassa wockrassa at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 15:07:10 EST 2011

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Tony Kan <tony.kan at clear.net.nz> wrote:

> Transfer to MP2100 worked OK but when I tried to put it away from IN/OUT it
> caused the Newton to reboot with an error message that said it rebooted
> because of a system error.
>
> At first, I thought it might be because it was in landscape mode but I got
> the same result in portrait mode too.

Weird.

That might have been related to what the problem was on the 120.
There's a ReorientToScreen function you've got to have in place for
NOS 2.x or the program won't rotate correctly, regardless of what
internal code you might set up otherwise. When launched on a 120, it
won't load in landscape at all, and if you try to rotate it, it'll
tell you some functions won't work.

Add that one function with a couple of other calls, though, and it's
supposed to be fine.

However, simply transferring the program shouldn't have activated any
part of it. It's little more than a couple of buttons and a couple of
views. It doesn't even touch any storage. So why installing/copying it
would force a reboot, I really have no idea.

The package, by the way, is being compiled out of NTK/Mac 1.6.4, not
DyneTK. As much as I like the modern freeware version, there are some
things - such as view flags - that are much easier to set in NTK, even
in emulation under Basilisk...

Anyway, thanks for giving it a go!

--
-- Warren Ockrassa | nightwares.com