[NTLK] write to Tim Cook

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 09:20:27 EST 2011

~~~ On 2011/12/02 05:06, G Y at gyounk at mac512.com wrote ~~~

> Great idea. I will send my email right now asking Apple to NOT allow any
> Newton copyrights and trademarks ever to run on any Android device. The true
> successor to Newton is iOS.

I'm not sure how your e-mail helps us as Newtonians.  It looks right now as
though the ONLY hope to run a future Newton will be Einstein running on
something like Android.  (Although truth be told, Apple is unlikely ever to
let any copyright they still hold to be used by any rival, so your e-mail
won't change much there, I think.)

It's all well and good to claim that iOS is "true successor" to Newton, but
as far as I can see, Apple is making the realization of that impossible.  If
iOS is the true successor, why can't an iPhone do what my Newton does?  That
discussion is 4 years old, and iOS didn't really win it.

Apple turned their back on the heart of what makes the Newt.  Fair enough.
But let's see them at least let us have what they rejected.

All that said, if I have to choose between loyalty to Apple or continuing to
enjoy the genius of a Newton, Apple loses.  I'd rather they didn't push me
to make that choice.

IMO a better e-mail to Tim Cook would ask Apple to release key patents and
so on to us.  I suspect we have folks here who would know *exactly* what to
do with them.  ;-)

Shalom.
Christian

            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke