[NTLK] Hello - returning to list & MP 2000 internet question

Tony Kan tonykan at xtra.co.nz
Sat Sep 18 21:44:14 EDT 2010

Hi Lloyd

You're welcome.  Thanks for your concern.

Our family is fine and I put aside business work to do some volunteer relief
work.  Last week was surreal.  Everyone was overtired from broken sleep due to
aftershocks.

All unnecessary business appointments were put aside for a week while everyone
looked to their families and neighbourhoods.

It's going to be a difficult few months for many families who have some
combination of being hit by the economic recession, displaced from the homes or
made unemployed by the earthquake.

They say it's going to cost $NZ4b to rebuild Canterbury.  Today I heard that the
UN was asking for a mere $US4b for Pakistan.  It seems disproportionately low
somehow.

There's always someone worse off than you...

Tony

[snip]
Thank you, Tony, for your help here.  BTW, I thought of you, even
though we've never met, when I learned of the earthquake.  I hope that
you and yours came through that well as may be expected, and I
appreciate your writing from what must still be a challenging environment.
Regards,
-Lloyd
Charlotte, Michigan

On 9/18/10 8:08 PM, Tony Kan wrote: