[NTLK] Einstein running on iPhone

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Wed Sep 15 16:16:06 EDT 2010

On 15.09.2010, at 21:00, Lord Groundhog wrote:
> So Matthias, if it's full Newton does that mean it stores data in soups?

Yes. It generates the exact same Flash file that the "big" Einstein does. Actually, they are even interchangeable, i.e. you can take your desktop Flash file and use it on the iPhone Newton.

> The other question I have is, since this is only Newton OS emulation and not
> the NOS running the iPhone/iPad/iPodTouch, can it ever really be made quick
> enough to avoid that laggy effect?

Yes. There are tons of place where we can optimize and increase speed greatly.

> Sorry if I'm the only person here who doesn't already know these things.
> (It wouldn't be the first time.)

No, I am sure that you are not. One of the appeals of Apple products is that there is no need to know how they work.

 - Matthias