[NTLK] Einstein running on iPhone

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 15:00:50 EDT 2010

~~~ On 2010/09/15 21:27, --- at dotline7 at gmail.com wrote ~~~

> HWR works just fine. It's a full Newton.
>
> Yeah, the speed is still bad. The problem is that we emulate an ARM
> processor in Big Endian mode on just another ARM processor in little endian
> mode. But there is still plenty of room for improvement.

So Matthias, if it's full Newton does that mean it stores data in soups?

The other question I have is, since this is only Newton OS emulation and not
the NOS running the iPhone/iPad/iPodTouch, can it ever really be made quick
enough to avoid that laggy effect?

Sorry if I'm the only person here who doesn't already know these things.
(It wouldn't be the first time.)

Shalom.
Christian

            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant