[NTLK] Bluetooth Setup Question

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Wed Oct 27 13:10:45 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Anthony Vernier
<avernier at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I have a Pico card and a MP2100. The installed software is
>
> Eckhart's Blunt 1.0, Neo 0.9.4, Nie Nitro & Blunt module 0.2.4 and the other NIE pkgs.
>
> Selecting Bluetooth setup and tapping prefs I've setup the card and tested it in both Generic and Pico. It's tests fine.
>
> I select Discover and the Newton resets.

I'm still running Blunt 0.7.7 w/the Bluetooth Setup package from 0.7.6
w/my MessagePad 2100 & PICO Card and use it very frequently. The
reason for using Blunt 0.7.6's Bluetooth Setup package is that there
were major Bluetooth discovery issues in Blunt 0.7.7's Bluetooth Setup
package when using the PICO Card. Here's the blurb from
<http://web.archive.org/web/20071015094326/http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/BluntSetup>:

"Important note: The Bluetooth Setup program included in Blunt 0.7.7
may not be able to discover anything (at least this is the case with
the Pico card). Until this gets fixed, use the Bluetooth Setup.pkg
from Blunt 0.7.6 instead."

While my own blog post on the subject of configuring Blunt & the PICO
Card on my Newton
<http://www.makkintosshu.com/journal/newton-bluetooth-progress-report>
called it the "buggiest thing I’ve ever tried to do with my Newton
MessagePad 2100", it had a simple solution: freeze or delete the
SysPatch 0.6b package if you have it! (See
<http://www.makkintosshu.com/journal/solution-to-frequent-restarting-problem-with-newton-bluetooth>.)

So, with all this in mind I'd suggest the following (in this order):

1) If you're using SysPatch 0.6b, get rid of it.
2) Try using the Bluetooth Setup package from Blunt 0.7.6.
3) Try fully reverting back to Blunt 0.7.6.

Hope that helps.

Morgan
---
http://www.makkintosshu.com/