[NTLK] MessagePad 2x00 AA Battery Tray

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Sat Oct 9 11:00:32 EDT 2010

On 08.10.2010, at 01:10, Davis Remmel wrote:

> Is there anybody who could please measure (accurately, with a caliper) the
> dimensions of a MessagePad 2x00 AA battery tray?  I can't find one anywhere
> now that JK Sales is going out of business, so I'm planning on printing one
> with my school's 3D printer.  The outer dimensions are the most crucial so
> the tray loads nicely into my MessagePad.

The tray is quite involved. There are lots of measurements to create a technical drawing that would be sufficient to create a matching tray. Some surfaces are quite thin, so unless you have access to an SLA machine, you can probably not print it.

OTOH, if you can get a complete CAD drawing in 3D, that would be quite awesome!

 - Matthias