[NTLK] Modern Tablets and the Stylus: Sound Off!

Forrest Buffenmyer newtonphoenix at mindspring.com
Sat Nov 6 02:27:00 EDT 2010

On Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 7:03 am Ryan wrote:

> Looking back at the Knowledge Navigator, there wasn't a stylus.
>
> But that's because of the AI built-in.  That smart assistant does all the hard work for the user, and is a completely different paradigm of computing.
>
> But modern tablets don't have anything close to that functionality.  And even if they did, I think the stylus still has a place.  For instance, drawing on-screen with a Photoshop desktop mirror, like the Wacom Cintiq.
>
> The MS Courier is also a very interesting concept.
>
> What do you all think about the stylus and modern tablets.  Does it have a place today?

Until I am shown a better way to write notes, an email, or any kind of text other than how I am doing it right now with this stylus on this Newton, and with less effort (hard to imagine)... well, I vote for the stylus.

Thanks,
--Forrest
--
"Newton, come here...I need you." --Alexander MessagePad Bell
(Sent wirelessly from my NT MP2100 using Mail V)