[NTLK] Who here thinks the iPad is a worthy replacement for the Newton?

R A Parker RAParker at Newted.ORG
Sun Mar 21 14:34:00 EDT 2010

On Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 6:27 pm Dennis B. Swaney wrote:

> No contract required for the AT&T iPad

All I need now is a free ¡Pad and and I would be as happy as an eMate in a clamshell.

> data plan. IIRC, $15/month for
> 250 MB; $40/month for unlimited.

Blech! Capped data plans. I'm currently locked into AT&T for another year. $30/mo unlimited data. I won't be interested in an iPad for at least that long, or longer. I'm hoping Google's answer to 4G/WiMax becomes more than a pipe dream. Unlimited data and a single phone/internet plan.

To answer the question: Is the iPad a worthy replacement for the Newton... Nope, that honor goes to my iPhone. Because everything I used to keep track of on my Newton, is now on my iPhone. Touch, slide, access, read, tap, link, sync, and connect.

Except notes and emails. I can handwrite anywhere, any time, and my 2100 is always on, ready to pick up right where I left off. Moving data around is as simple as a tapping out a self addressed envelope. Essentially, my Newton IS the HWR extension for my iPhone. And, email is my transport.

--
Sent using Mail V and a Wireless Newton 2100.
--
   |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM