[NTLK] [ADMIN] Searchable List Archives Are Updated ... Finally

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Thu Mar 18 22:13:47 EDT 2010

Hello list.

I just received word from the good folks over at MARC ... the
searchable NewtonTalk archives are finally back in action. The backlog
of messages has been added to the archives ... nearly four months
worth ... and new messages are being archived as soon as they are
received.

Just like the old days.

http://marc.info/?l=newtontalk

Here's what they had to say about the delay:

> From: Hank Leininger
> Date: March 18, 2010 12:18:55 PM MDT (CA)
> To: Grant Hutchinson
> Subject: Re: Add a list to MARC
>
> Ack!  I'm catching up on old emails that fell through the cracks.
>
> I've got the missing messages restored, and our archives are caught
> up again.
>
> You were right, we did keep receiving the messages. The problem was,
> as an anti-spam measure we check for certain headers that legit list
> traffic always have... when the list moved, the headers didn't match
> any more. I've updated our search strings, and un-quarrantined all
> the intervening messages.
>
> Sorry it took so long for me to take care of this!
>
> Thanks,
> Hank

g.

Grant Hutchinson

Interface Considerations. Feature Deprecation. Typography. Rawk.

http://splorp.com
http://mtile.us/splorp
http://flickr.com/splorp
http://twitter.com/splorp