[NTLK] Who here thinks the iPad is a worthy replacement for the Newton?

G Y gyounk at mac512.com
Fri Mar 12 17:14:37 EST 2010

I do even though the iPad does not have handwriting recognition. This is the main feature of the Newton MessagePad series I loved, especially the delayed ink into text later option. I think Apple could of included this but decided not to for ??? reason. I know there are a few handwriting recognition notes apps for the iPhone / iPod Touch as an alternative. Most likely they will be ported to the iPad's larger screen dimensions.

Other than that we have all of the basic Newton apps (from the MP 100 and up). Plus the Web browser, mail and word processor from the MP 2000/2100. (not the exact apps but the functionality.) That is why I feel the iPad is a worthy replacement for the Newton MessagePad.

Sincerely,
G.
The Mac 512
www.mac512.com