[NTLK] Win2k and NPDS

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Sun Jul 11 18:41:44 EDT 2010

On Jul 11, 2010, at 4:11 PM, Tony Kan wrote:

> NPDS validates so I'm accessible on the net.  Now I need to register
> on a
> Tracker but the tracker package times out and says there's no reply
> from a DNS
> server.
>
> HUH?  I'm able to type in google.com and reach Google in a web
> browser so
> presumably a DNS server somewhere is working?

It definitely sounds like DNS is fine, but it could be the
configuration settings within the Tracker Client itself. Specifically,
the tracker server you are trying to connect to may not be online
anymore. Or, your ISP or firewall is blocking the default tracker port
(3680).

Also, make sure you're not including http:// or the port number as
part of the tracker server address.

Here's a link to screenshot of the settings I'm using for my Tracker
Client right now. Keep in mind that my Newton has a static IP address
and is connected directly to the internet, outside of my router.

http://cl.ly/1cgu

g.

Grant Hutchinson

Interface Considerations. Feature Deprecation. Typography. Rawk.

http://splorp.com
http://mtile.us/splorp
http://flickr.com/splorp
http://twitter.com/splorp