[NTLK] Einstein Network Emulation

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Sun Jul 11 12:16:30 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 5:54 AM, Matthias Melcher <mm at matthiasm.com> wrote:

> Um, I am a bit confused. The network enabled Einstein was downloaded 26 times, but I did not get a single piece of feedback. Is there no interest in Einstein anymore, or just in the network emulation, or is just everyone fried in the heat? The feature is currently good enough for what I wanted, so if there is no further interest, I will leave it at this and save myself a lot of work ;-)

I personally haven't used Einstein in a few years, but just dug out my
MessagePad 2100 ROM from an old backup so that I may test.
Unfortunately, both 2010.1 and the Network Support Prerelease
immediately crash under Mac OS X Leopard (10.5.8) on my MacBook Air
with the following in the crash log:

    Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
    Crashed Thread:  0

    Dyld Error Message:
      unknown required load command 0x80000022

Would you like me to post an issue on
http://code.google.com/p/einstein/ with full details or just email
full details to you?

Morgan