[NTLK] Einstein Network Emulation

R A Parker RAParker at Newted.ORG
Sat Jul 10 13:10:52 EDT 2010

Matthias:

Sorry, I’m not one of the 26 beta testers. I do not have a Mac that is powerful enough nor one which has the right OS. I wish I did. I would be all over that s**t. I do want to provide you with some feedback though.

Newton emulation holds a lot of promise. The networking feature you have worked on is one of the most important features needed, since Einstein itself. You will find yourself among a class of awe inspired Newton programmers and users, forever grateful for the work you have done.

In the future, emulation is where many obsolete (unsupported) systems will find their niche. I imagine a day when I can access my Newton, remotely, across the Internet, using a secure VPN connection. I can choose to carry my Newton with me as well, if I wish. The data can be sync’d with the emulated Newton’s data, running somewhere else.

If it’s hot where you are, maybe you ARE working too hard? 2:54am? Take a break and give yourself a big kudo. You’ve done a fine thing. A fine, fine, thing.

--
Sent using an iNewt 3G Touch.
--
    |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM