[NTLK] OT: MobileMe

Ryan newtontalk at me.com
Sun Feb 21 17:22:20 EST 2010

Hi:

Ok, I uploaded the script to my MobileMe shared folder, and you can download it at the link to follow.  Having gone through using Transmit a few times now... it is really fast.  No question.  It works.

Couple things to note:

1. Download Transmit
2. Open Transmit, and select "My iDisk" from Favorites pane, and fill in login information.  You'll be connected now.
3. Do an initial copy over of all your intended files and folders to your iDisk file system.  This is important since the script will only be copying over newly modified files, and not files that have not been modified within the last 2 weeks.  So you do an initial master file list, and let the script take things over after that.
4. Feel free to close Transmit now

Take the downloaded script file, and open it with Automator.  Make modifications to the script at this point. Then click "Save".  OS X should bring up iCal right away, and show you the event marked in your iCal calendar under "Automator Calendar".  Double click that event and set up the frequency of that event, the time it should start, etc.  That is actually where you are configuring the Automator Script to your preferences.  You can have it run everyday.  You can also copy the event and paste it multiple times per day, even space them 15 minutes apart to get more frequency than just once per day.  It's up to you.

http://files.me.com/ryanv/sr6dvp

Just let me know if you have any questions after things get rolling.

Thank you,

Ryan

Thank you,

Ryan