[NTLK] Considering this as a 2100 Bag

Bradley Loeding bradley.loeding at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 18:04:08 EST 2010

I own a Newt Boot. They are nice. The cargo area holds just enough for its
size. I can fit a Palm folding keyboard, a few cables, and a couple memory
cards in it without a problem.

However, I'm not sure they are very practical for a heavy user. Despite the
great build quality, they are too thick for day-to-day ergonomic usage, and
the detachable shoulder strap feels awkward when that big rectangular brick
rests on your hip. Also, unzip it on a desk. If you forget which compartment
houses the pad, (it happens,) the thing can come tumbling out on you.

I believe they were built for MP1x0s. You really need to squeeze a MP2x00
into it. Because of this, some of the edge padding compresses when fitting a
2x00 inside. I'd not want to test dropping a Boot with a MP2100, from chest
height, and risk it hitting on a corner.

Conclusion: Great quality. Perfect for light use and Newt storage, but YMMV.

-Bradley