[NTLK] Help with eMate (been away a while, and...)

Don Zahniser dzahniser at rochester.rr.com
Wed Feb 10 10:50:47 EST 2010

On Feb 10, 2010, at 8:51 AM, Wright, Chris wrote:

> Another question - does anyone have a combination of email and browser
> software with a small memory footprint that works okay? It needs to be
> installed on the internal memory so I can use the LAN card.

I use Eudora Pro for my limited email needs on my MP2100.  It doesn't
have the rich feature set of SimpleMail or Mail V, but it gets the
job done for me.  It takes up less storage space, and has fewer
packages to install.  Also - although it can work as a 'faceless'
application (Choose 'Mail' from the routing button), you can launch
it and use it as a mail client. It supports filtering of messages to
some extent, too.

http://www.unna.org/view.php?/internet/email/EudoraPro1.1

The only problem I have ever had is when I tried to email too much
data from PocketMoney.  My Newton seemed to have locked up without an
error code, requiring a reset (or I may have just been to impatient,
and produced a user error).  When I broke the data into smaller
batches, everything went through fine.

  - Don