[NTLK] Two part question

Matt Howe matthowe at comcast.net
Wed Feb 3 16:17:27 EST 2010

Yeah, I do it that way too. After the note taking session I go back and
refine what I wrote, reviewing it in my mind.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
SantaMatt at Gmail.com (Nokia N770)
matthowe at comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/
http://SantaMatt.blogspot.com

Lord Groundhog wrote:
<snip>
Mostly though, during lectures and other time-sensitive situations I do with
my Newt what I'd do with a paper notebook:  take notes in "Outline", and use
each point or subpoint to write down keywords plus any brief quotations.
That also lets me take full advantage of the traditional note-taking
methodology.  The act of reviewing and filling in the thoughts around the
keywords soon after taking notes is part of why note-taking is a valuable
learning tool:  you're rehearsing the original data and recalling it in more
detail in a way that strenghtens the neural memory-traces.
<snip>