[NTLK] QuikPort and Linux...

Jeremy O'Brien obrien654j at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 11:39:33 EST 2010

So I came across QuikPort yesterday, which is a newton program that lets
you dump any text-based documents from your newton directly over a
serial connection. In other words, I now have perfectly reliable
transferring of my text documents from my newton to my Linux boxen.
Essentially, I just fire up minicom, set the parameters to 8-N-1, choose
the correct serial port (/dev/ttyS0 for serial or /dev/ttyUSB0 for
serial->USB), and send away. I really wish I had come across this
program sooner. It would've saved me weeks of time trying to get all the
different transfer methods up and running. So for all you newton users
out there who are mainly concerned with getting documents off your
newton, this may be the way to go. It's the easiest method I've used so
far, and the only method I've been able to get working with Linux.

Cheers

--
Jeremy O'Brien aka neutral_insomniac
IRC nick: piroko