[NTLK] Newton 2000 issues

Barry Rosenfeld barryrosenfeld at comcast.net
Fri Dec 10 23:29:27 EST 2010

I had the issue with the upper PC card ceasing to work, and then after a few months, the lower slot stopped working, too, at which point I thought that the Newton was dead.  So I started the effort to transfer my memory card to another Newton and pulled the battery and the power cord from the seemingly dead Newton.  For some reason, after about a minute, I put the power cord back in it and tried it again, and the card slots were suddenly working again -- and they have been working for at least a year since then.  So my suggestion is to first try a hard reset (hold down the power switch and the button in the back for a while, then answer no when it asks if you want it to erase all data).  And if that doesn't work, then back up the internal memory of your Newton onto a card and pull the batteries and the power cord.  Best of luck.  --Barry