[NTLK] Thinking of giving it all up

Gary Dunn osp at aloha.com
Sat Dec 4 20:33:33 EST 2010

Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 00:00 -0700
From: "Forrest Buffenmyer" <newtonphoenix at mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Thinking of giving it all up
To: "NewtonTalk" <newtontalk at newtontalk.net>

On Wednesday, December 1, 2010 at 12:07 pm Lord Groundhog wrote:

> ~~~ On 2010/12/01 18:12, pmiker at copper.net at pmiker at copper.net wrote
~~~

>> ... But back to my original problem, why should I keep it if I can't
find a
>> need for it?
>

> The sheer pleasure?
>
> I have to say, as practical as I find my Newt, even if I retire I'll
still
> be using it, just because ...

Recently I set aside my MP2100s, after years of daily use. In their
place I carry a smartphone, a T-Mobile myTouch 3G slide. It does mail,
texting, Facebook, Twitter, and the web. But it can't touch the Newton
when it comes to writing.

I would like to use my Newtons more but battery issues get in the way. I
have had repeated problems with corroded battery contacts. When I
finally get one to wake up I have to run though the date/time set
drill.

Have I reached the point where I should take one apart?

Gary Dunn, Honolulu
Open Slate Project
http://openslate.org
http://www.facebook.com/garydunn808