Re: [NTLK] Ethernet woes

From: SteveCraft <steve_at_craftsathome.net>
Date: Fri Sep 25 2009 - 06:12:03 EDT

My desktops are all Windows. I tried using FTP to transfer notes to/from my
2100, and it worked OK, but not when it was in 'accellerated mode' (it has
en emplant). It also requires running an FTP server on the desktop, which is
not a huge deal since FileZilla FTP server is free. But there appears to be
no way to dock over TCP/IP with Windows.

I was thinking about using AppleTalk since docking is supposed to work that
way, but there is no more Microsoft protocol support since Windows 2000
(Services for Mac). My latest tactic is to create a VM with Windows 2000 and
run SFM and then map a drive on my physical machine so there would be bridge
between the desktop and Newt. Hopefully over the weekend I'll know if that
is decent.