Re: [NTLK] Ethernet woes

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Sep 25 2009 - 01:03:30 EDT

I had a similar problem with a couple of wired ethernet cards. One of
these cards had been my primary card until I started using Wifi. The
I rece3ived a new ethernet card and wanted to test it and had a
similar experience to yours, went back to my old reliable card and it
likewise didn't work. It clearly had nothing to do with NCX as I
didn't get an IP address, the router didn't see the Newt.
I had replaced my router.
I found by chance that at another ethernet connecter in my house, that
had a 10/100 switcher between it and the router, I got 100% connection.
If you can see what happens if you put a Hub or Switcher between the
router and the ethernet card. Its possible to get one at a used
computer store.
search ethernet hub on ebay find one for less than $20.

good luck
Woody