Re: [NTLK] Is that a Newton in your pocket? Or...

From: <Reilly001os_at_aol.com>
Date: Sat Sep 12 2009 - 18:50:33 EDT

James,
I used a Hawaiian style shirt for the liner, 100% cotton I believe, ballistic nylon from an old backpack for the outer shell and a thin foam layer between the two for padding (I think the foam came from sn electronic gadgets OEM packaging). Estimated 98% recycled material (the thread and velcro were new lol), I'm not an eco nut but I like to use salvaged materials if possible for projects. I figured the cotton material would be soft and wouldn't be abrasive against the newtons shell but didn't consider the rubber layer. If my newt was in full time use the cotton would probably rub the rubber layer off, as it stands I made a few adjustments to the case to make it loose so it works for storage but it was intended to be a belt holster. Live and learn :-)
Joe Reilly