Re: [NTLK] Streamlining Book Making

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Fri Sep 11 2009 - 09:14:36 EDT

On 9/11/2009 3:19 AM, Jon Glass wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 6:52 AM, Dan <> wrote:
>> There was a another project that looked promising and was a simpler
>> bookmaking system, but worked a bit like press. But that project died
>> some time ago or at least I have not heard from him in a long time. It
>> did have a few bugs in pagination, but otherwise fine.
>>

> Pagemaker? It works, but has fewer features. Should be on Unna. And I
> thought somebody finally figured out how to make multi-format Newton
> books. Surely this is in the archives--at least a link to a web page
> that discusses it. It wasn't easy,IIRC.

Nope not pagemaker, I forget the name at the moment....I will see if I
can find it. And as for figuring out multi-format books, that was me. I
came very close hacking the source files created by Bookmaker, however
the pagination was still a little off. Never did get it perfect. I
thought it was at first, but then quite a ways into the book I would
loose a few words, sometimes a whole sentence. To compensate I reworked
the raw files adding blank areas. But whew to make it reliable I had
them at certain intervals (which were not obvious at times), and made
the process really too much of a problem to bother with.

-Dan