Re: [NTLK] My newton future... :-(

From: Goodwin, Greg P. <GoodwinG_at_aafes.com>
Date: Thu Oct 08 2009 - 09:11:05 EDT

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 19:32:50 +1300, Tony Kan wrote:
> Well, technology has, in some ways lost its novelty value and now its become
> intrusive, people expect instant replies 24/7 and think badly of
> people if you
> don't get back to them within 2-3 hours.

Yeh technology took some getting used to. Unfortunately lost a few "friends" on the way due to misunderstanding and miscommunicating thanks to E-mail, how conversations went in chat, etc. Luckily I can only count two, and while they were not great friends to begin with, I was part of the miscommunication.

I have text turned off. They have a messenger IM at work, I don't let people know I'm on it. And tempted to get rid of my cell phone. Tempted.

Really starting to get off the internet here and there.

I saw a site that claimed if you subscribed to it, you could find out who has googled you. This was concerning to me. If a service can see who has googled you, they can see not only the who's you've been googling, but what as well.

I don't like that.