[NTLK] iPhone/Newton Checklist?

From: James Fraser <wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Oct 03 2009 - 16:38:48 EDT

Hello,

--- On Sat, 10/3/09, R A Parker <RAParker@Newted.ORG> wrote:

> Well, guess I knew it wouldn't take long... but here's another feature
> on my "Does my iPhone replace my Newton" check list: Text-To-Speech for
> reading text aloud.

I wanted to ask: *has* someone put together a sort of Master List/chart of Newton features that are (and are not) available on the iPhone that is updated (at least somewhat) regularly?

It would be nice to be able to keep track of the convergence between the two devices if you're someone like me for whom the iPhone pluses don't quite happen to outweigh the minuses at the present time.

To be clear (and no offense intended): I'm not currently looking to be browbeaten into picking up an iPhone. I am, instead, interested in what the Newton can do that the iPhone still cannot do so that as/if the gap narrows, (?) I can start taking a serious look at what's out there with an eye toward making a purchase.

Is there such a "one-stop" resource out there? I guess I'm not too sure just how often the iPhone and Newton are being juxtaposed these days apart from the threads that pop up here every so often.

Best,

James Fraser