Re: [NTLK] Connecting 2100 via ethernet

From: Marcus Bointon <marcus_at_synchromedia.co.uk>
Date: Mon May 11 2009 - 21:07:18 EDT

On 12 May 2009, at 01:27, Leo LeBron wrote:

> If you will look on the list, I am having similar problems with my
> 2000 over wifi. I believe it something to do with TCP/IP on the mac's
> end, as it all seems to work in Tiger.
>
> So, looks like the only 2 options is to either wait for a update to
> NCX, or downgrade to Tiger (if at all possible).
>
> Unless some of the other newtheads can figure it out. Let us know.

Well, I've made a little progress. On boot I get an error from the
DockTCP extension, and ethernet is not available as an option for
connection, only AppleTalk. However, I have managed to get NewtSync to
start a connection (from the MP end), and it activates the ethernet
card, fires up DHCP and gets a correct IP address, however, it then
fails to connect to newtsync running on my mac.

I've ordered a serial adapter that should get my serial connection
working instead - I just need to stop these blasted date reminders
from popping up (they also seem to suck up all the CPU and it goes
very slowly), but I need a connection to install the 2010 patch
reminder wiper...

Marcus

--
Marcus Bointon