Re: [NTLK] Newton connected to nearby remote laptop...

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri May 01 2009 - 01:32:17 EDT

I am probably missing something here as I don't recall what the PADD is.
But a VNC connection via ethernet (wifi or wired) is certainly
doable. Don't think Apple Talk is necessary.
Steve Weyer's NewtVNC <http://saweyer.freehostia.com/prod_index.htm>
for the newt and appropriate VNC server for your desktop, works.
IIRC I used OSX VNC. The link <http://www.redstonesoftware.com/osxvnc>
still leads to a site with VNC software.
Careful with setup on Newt side especially with viewable area. Newt
is 480x320 Mac or PC is likely 1024 x 768 or greater

Very slow, but you are able to enter text and do mouse clicks. I seem
to recall difficulty with double clicks.

Woody