[NTLK] [OT] Windows Password Recovery

From: R A Parker <Quadzillanet_at_SBCGlobal.NET>
Date: Sun Mar 15 2009 - 12:45:00 EDT

On Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 5:09 am Arnold DeRoy wrote:

> <http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/>

Yep... works great on recovering forgotten or lost passwords.

On Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 8:40 pm Tony Morrow wrote:

> Truth is, there is always a way around
> security. You just have to ask "how?"
> and "how long?"

Here are some ophcrack stats:

I.3 seconds for a simple dictionary word to be broken on a admin account. (uh... happened so fast, I didn't realize ophcrack had finished)

A little over 3 minutes for a word with numbers on the end. I was logging on to the user's account and backing up within 10 minutes.

A must for any computer support toolbox.

Best regards,

Ron

Arnold: You weren't too late, I was waiting for someone to mention it.

Everyone: Try to update the subject of outgoing emails, when possible and topics change, to keep to keep things visibly relevant.

--
Sent with Mail V and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
     |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM