Re: [NTLK] Soft Reset Causes Date/Time Reset

From: R A Parker <Quadzillanet_at_SBCGlobal.NET>
Date: Mon Mar 02 2009 - 00:53:00 EST

On Sunday, March 1, 2009 at 4:02 pm James Wages wrote:

> Thanks, Ron. I have been
> wading through lots of posts
> but I've not found a conclusive
> post on the matter yet.

> I found that post by doing a
> "2010 fix" keyword search

No keyword needed: Sorry I could have provided a

<http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/newtontalk.2009-01/>

That issue spawned a few threads. You're right, a conclusion has not been reached. We're all waiting.

> if you read through that post,
> it mentions a method for removal,
> but it also says that method
> resulted in two non-functioning
> Newts!

Yep... That's why I wanted you to read it, almost like a disclaimer. However, I believe their "Bricks" were only temporary.

> So freezing the fix" and then
> restarting is not enough to remove
> it and solve the problem caused by
> the fix, it would seem

You have only one choice... It should be OK to remove it or freeze it, various people have had various results.

> Further thoughts?

I'm not sure "where" I would be, without my Newton. At least, I'll know "when" I get there.

Ron

--
Sent with Mail V and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
     |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM