Re: [NTLK] eMate overclocked

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Mon Jun 15 2009 - 12:09:58 EDT

> Double the frequency, quadruple the power consumption.

This is (approximately) true for components that are actually connected to the clock. But not all
components that draw current are. As a matter of fact I'd think that the majority are not. And of
those that are, some are probably connected to a lower-frequency clock derived from the main clock.
So doubling the frequency would certainly result in increased power consumption, but I don't think
it would be anywhere near four times that of a normal Newton.

Frank