Re: [NTLK] eMate overclocked

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jun 11 2009 - 19:56:22 EDT

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 6:53 PM, Woody Smith <woodysmith@comcast.net> wrote:
> Thank you Ed and Sonny,
>
> I am going to over clock my other eMate and see how it works.
> That little speed boost is kind of nice, and my technique for removing
> the Crystal has improved courtesy of a couple of corroded logic boards.

Hi Woody,

I'm glad through your efforts your removal technique is improving.
That is one area that I'm still IFY about...
The removal process was delicate and I tried a few times a noticed the
lifting up of the traces which cause much concern for me...

Thanks Ed for your input.
I've done a few and I've never experienced it in the 5 or so installs I've
done on the MP2x00's

Sonny

> Woody
>

> On Jun 11, 2009, at 3:18 PM, Ed Kummel wrote:
>
> > While not with an eMate, I do experience the same issues with my
> > MP2100 Accelerated.
> > Randomly, my 2100 will just decide to not see the PC card slots.
> > Sometimes it's just one slot (randomly chosen) or sometimes it's
> > both. Since the Newton I'm currently using doesn't have a switch to
> > switch back and forth between accelerated and normal, the only thing
> > I found that works is to turn off the newt, remove the batteries and
> > memory cards and let it sit for a few hours...sometimes I can speed
> > up the process by holding in the reset button while holding the
> > power button. (this will accelerate the leakdown of the supercap).
> > After this, the Newt is fine.
> > Ed
> > web/gadget guru
> > http://newton.tek-ed.com (download Newton packages)