Re: [NTLK] -10600 error on my Newton...

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Jun 01 2009 - 18:52:12 EDT

Hmmm, these are both very good suggestions....
Needless to say, I've been down in the dumps with this Newton problem...My Newt's never let me down...Ever since my Marco, I've been copying my content from Newt to Newt...(I still have a memory card with notes on it from 1994). I've always relied on the Newt always being there for me...but now, my confidence has been shaken! What with the Y2k10 issue, and my corrupted notes and names issue...honestly, it's scaring me! I don't want to abandon the Newt yet (I just purchased two new "Man bags" from Wilson's leather just so I can carry my Newt around!)

So, I'm going to try Hyper Newt so I can read my notes and find out what note is causing the problem, then I'm going to use Sloup to move my soups around...then a hard reset of the Newt, then a full backup once it's all there again...I hope...

Ed
web/gadget guru
http://newton.tek-ed.ceom (download Newton packages)
By Richard Feynman, Physicist, Nobel winner (1918-1988)

"There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers."